Created on April 5, 2012, Accessibility 360 was conceived in Nigeria to be the first and leading platform on the accessibility of services, gadgets, places and lots more.
As an online forum, Accessibility 360 aims to be the leading avenue for persons with disabilities, their families and friends, service providers and manufacturers, policy makers and both the Nigerian society and the rest of the world to get together to enhance the understanding of the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities.
Specifically, we aim to promote education, sharing of information as well as advocacy on accessibility issues in the design and choice of services, gadgets, places and other offerings.
As a forum for education on accessibility, we desire to:
- Be the leading source for education on the accessibility features of software, hardware and other technological gadgets
- Provide an avenue for persons with disabilities to enlighten one another on the accessibility of gadgets and services
In providing information about accessibility , this forum will:
- Be the leading forum for persons with disabilities to share and discuss useful, relevant and current tips, gadgets and services that make life easier and more fun
- Be the leading forum for manufacturers of gadgets and providers of services to highlight the usability of their products and gather feedback about their products’ accessibility
The advocacy aspect of this forum aims to:
- Encourage manufacturers of technologies and providers of services to ensure their offerings meet acceptable inclusiveness standards
- Gather support for relevant government policies and legislations on issues of and/or related to accessibility of products and services